Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have or heard good things about Dahlback Racings chips? I parked next to a GTI at the mall the other day & was talking to the owner of the car. He had a 'Dahlback' sticker on his windshield. He was telling me about the chips they offer. I looked them up at http://www.dahlbackracing.se the base chip offers 193 hp & 236 lb torque but cost $744 Euro :eek: Just curious if anyone has heard anything about them. Thanks!

-Phil

·
Registered
89 Posts
I have heard of Dahlbach racing. I think Euro Tuner magazine just ran an article on them. It's the one that has a 1300 (1100?) HP golf on the cover done by Dahlbach. I believe they are based in Sweden. I seem to have lost that issue with the article, but then again that will happen when you cover 6500 miles.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Dahlback ecu -upgrade... Dyno proven to have more a substantial amount of HP & Torque!!!... than APR WETT and GIAC... 400$ free install at any Dahlback install shops.. Also if you purchase the Dahlback Ecu- for another 200$ you can get the TIPTronic Chip in a whole package... GREAT DEAL.. and Most HP and Torque for your dollar, the only thing your missing out on is the programs that Giac and Apr offer... but who needs those... just a nice option that i know i dont give a sh*t about. lol

Ok just wanted to let everyone know...

DAHLBACK is stictly for TURBO engines only... They are the turbo masters... If you dont believe me- look them UP-.. Audi A4.- that puts over 400+ HP to ALL 4 WHEELS.... and a GTI thats INSANE....

·
Registered
155 Posts
soooo, Elee, what is your affiliation with Momentum Tuning?!?!? :poke:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi friends

I am from europe, and more speficly, greece

a person i know has 1999 passat 1.8t with dahlback chip ONLY (not even air filter)

we dynoed together, he put 177hp on the wheels, while another passat with revo put down 168

for your information,
Dahlback (dahlback racing) and Mayers (MTM)
where engineers at Audi, and where the two that allegedly created the 20v 1.8t

so both know their tuning bits quite good :wink:

·
Registered
936 Posts
Crew217- you need to stop takin shots at me, and for the record my car is twice the car yours is, go drive daddys car off a cliff, your ugly B5 sucks...dont take a cheap shot at me again. grow up :evil:

·
Registered
5,050 Posts
Elee said:
Crew217- you need to stop takin shots at me, and for the record my car is twice the car yours is, go drive daddys car off a cliff, your ugly B5 sucks...dont take a cheap shot at me again. grow up :evil:
you must be atiller's boyfriend . . . go cry me a river :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Scuba2001 said:
There is a new US distributor for Dahlback. Check stuff out over on www.vwvortex.com and they have some articles on Dahlback and their new US distributor.
Just so happens that we were the First West Coast Distributor for Dahlback. AND THERES A SALE for all of September.

The Dahlback tuning offers significantly more torque. In one of our initial tests (a MKIV Jetta), we just swapped software, and got an additional 50ft lbs more torque. car was already chipped before test with another well known tuner software we carry.

Dahlbäck Software Special - SEPTEMBER - ONLY $499

Your car need a little more...oomph? Dahlback software is just what the doctor ordered to revitalize, recharge, and bring your Audi or Volkswagen to life. Boasting higher torque numbers than its competitors, for power you can truly feel!

This software will not come with a free lifetime upgrade option; however, the consumer will have one full year to purchase that option at the difference in retail. (i.e. if a customer decides to install a K04 on car, software upgrade will be $300 if within one year after inital software purchase.)
Software with the full lifetime upgrade-ability will still sell for $799.00.

STAGE 1 - 1.8T SOFTWARE ~ $499.00
UPGRADE OPTION ~ $300.00

Call to order 1.800.637.2781 -or- 1.408.980.1691

·
Registered
269 Posts
All I can say about it is they know how to tune a 20v 5cyl! In fact if you all can remember the European Car write up, that is what they had in that Golf. I was at an Audi Club event and my instructor had a 1996 s6 with the turbo 20v 5cyl, and oh baby it was insane!!!! :crazy: He had had the engine set up by Dahlback, a company at the time I had never heard of, but after 3 laps all I know is that I wanted to know more about them. He had dyno numbers in the 600 range and was telling me this was the break in period. When the boost hit, it was like a slug hammer. Get all that you can afford!

thats my take on them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.