Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all been using the forum for alot of info and all the info you guys post has been AWESOME... Figured I would throw up a pick of the PS2 and D3 installed... Next to come Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 Component Front and Rear and a Base Link for the trunk. Also two 7 inch Head Rest monitors... I will have those pics up within the next two - three weeks.

Again Thanks,

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice! Exact same setup I planned on running (I already got me a Ps2 w 7 games for $50). I ended up going w a different headunit, but it came defective so I returned and I may go backto the D3 plan... found them @~$720 shipped.

how do you like the sound w the new headunit!?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

It's actually good for stock with just the head unit powering the speakers but needs some tuning. I also put the power converter in the CD Changer drop down down for the PS2. One thing I would watch though is I have to install and ground loop isolator as I am getting a little feed back in the audio for the PS2. But I am going to try to reground the Power Converter first. That and I still have to get then CAN Mod for the VSS to work on the D3.. Getting the Ipod and the Ipod interface cable tomorrow....

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
I just installed a kenwood ddx in my 07 with the new c2rvw clip and it made the install a snap. I now need to install the units to retain my steering wheel controls. Where in gods name am I going to hide all the modules that go with them. Any suggestions? Which install trim kit did you use? Because mine does not look that good. There is a gap at the top of the HU. I used a scoosche part # vw2317b. Let me know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts