Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (mountainpete)

Don't tell me that dealerships back east still put badges on cars?

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Der Meister)

mine was a decal for each letter of the dealership's name. I told the salesman he lost his mind for putting it on my car. pealled off before I left the lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (FORIAMBILL)

Yes dealers around where i live (ohio) still put their names on the back of cars. Where I bought my passat they did not but I see people driving around with things that look like chrome badges with dealers names on them.I think they are nuts for driving around with them.
When I bought my truck a few years back,from the ford dealer it had a sticker on the back. I asked them to take it off and they would not do, I had to do it first thing when I got home. They said it was company policy. What a joke!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Maize)

We only get the dealer license plate frames here. I've got a drawer full of them in my garage....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Maize)

I see many, many cars driving around with badges of the dealership that sold them. I had both lisence plate frames AND a badge on my Beetle, when I went in for the Passat I told them if there was any dealer identifying item on the car the deal was off on the spot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Paradigm)

Layin down the law
That is that way it should be to begin with!!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (BoeserBlick)

I just got my B5.5 1.8 Tip 2 days ago. After reading this post I just went out and peeled the dealer sticker off. It was a decent looking sticker but much better without it!!!

Thanks for the encouragement...!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Todd)

Think about the advertising world, you could pay $30,000 for 1 commercial on a radio show like howard stern, MUCH more for a television show. Now think of how many millions of people see your car. If the dealership wants to take advertising on my car they are welcome too, but they have to pay. I should call up tomorrow and ask for $100 off the lease every month

·
Registered
882 Posts

You nailed it on the head. I'm about 35 minutes away from them. I'm hoping they are just glued on. I remember when they were riveted in.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (MikeVW)

most of our dealers use the rub on transfers. I actually know that several people have uesd them for the VW logo to accent the pin striping. i'm with you though. I refuse to give a lousy dealer free advertising.

When I bought my wife's last new vehicle it had front and rear plate frames and a trunk logo. We had the vehicle for three days before we bought it. I had removed the frames and the dealer sticker before we closed the deal. When we took final delivery they took it to fine detail it. you know the lousy sob's installed two new frames and a new sticker again! I bitched and had them remove them before I would take it. The dealer was actually more than put off. When I offered to advertise for him for 4 years at $50 a month, he got the picture.

Least it isnt like Pick ups in Texas. The dealers actually install custom step bumpers on all the trucks. They are actually status symbols. My cousin had his AJ Foyt bumper stolen three times before he had welded to the frame. I told him to get a plain one. He told me that would be like dating a girl with a flat a$$!

<![CDATA[most of our dealers use the rub on transfers. I actually know that several people have uesd them for the VW logo to accent the pin striping. i'm with you though. I refuse to give a lousy dealer free advertising.

When I bought my wife's last new vehicle it had front and rear plate frames and a trunk logo. We had the vehicle for three days before we bought it. I had removed the frames and the dealer sticker before we closed the deal. When we took final delivery they took it to fine detail it. you know the lousy sob's installed two new frames and a new sticker again! I bitched and had them remove them before I would take it. The dealer was actually more than put off. When I offered to advertise for him for 4 years at $50 a month, he got the picture.

Least it isnt like Pick ups in Texas. The dealers actually install custom step bumpers on all the trucks. They are actually status symbols. My cousin had his AJ Foyt bumper stolen three times before he had welded to the frame. I told him to get a plain one. He told me that would be like dating a girl with a flat a$$!

[Modified by HeidelbergJohn4.0, 2:09 AM 2/14/2003]

·
Registered
556 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Der Meister)

When I had my Taurus (can I say that here?) into the Ford dealer for repair, they took off my plain black license frame and replaced it with a frame with their name on it.
Didn't even ask - just put their add on my car.

·
Registered
26 Posts

here in Denver, there's a dealership called Mountain States VW (I've heard many, many bad stories about how crappy their service is), and they put on hideous dealer stickers. If you go to http://www.vwdenver.com/, you'll see their logo. They typically put it on the left side (centered vertically) on the trunk, and it just looks like crap next to the actual VW emblem that comes with the car. I've seen people driving around with them, and I cringe everytime.

·
Registered
38 Posts

Let's see...I've now told dealers for uhhh....six consecutive new cars not to put ANYTHING that advertises their dealership on my car...in a few cases, I've actually told them to remove vinyl logos before I'd pick the car up.

In EVERY instance they have taken offense at this.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (Triptonic)

Personally I hate dealership tacky dealership stickers on my car and have none on my Passat, but back when I had my Nissan Altima I actually wrote it into the deal.

I was working out a deal on a used 93 Altima SE (back in about 95) at a local dealership and we were at a price disagreement of less than $1000 (can't remember the exact amount). I wasn't willing to go over my budget and the dealer didn't want to budge. So I looked out in the showroom and some of their vehicles had this "Motorsports" sticker with the dealership name along the top of the rear glass. About 2 inches high by 20 inches wide. Big, but actually a nice design and they color matched it silver.

I agreed to have that sticker on for a period of 6 months and they agreed on my price. I gave them great advertising and ended up keeping the sticker on the car much longer just because I got used to it (and anything with the word Motorsports adds at least 10 hp
).

Moral of the story... if you find a creative Sales Manager, they may go for it.

Pete

·
Registered
882 Posts

I tried that with my salesperson but they didn't go for the deal. She had them take the dealer stickers off.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Re: CVM badge.... ???? (MikeVW)

There's a Dodge dealer in my area that puts its logo not only on the back, but also on both sides, just in front of the front doors and just below the curve of the hood. I've never looked closely, but it looks like it's painted on there. I see trucks all over the place with these logos and can't believe it each time I see it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts