Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so It all started with the driver side shaft going bad I called EVERY auto place in town including the ones who are specific to V-dub. NO ONE carries or can get me a new or rebuilt CV shaft. I called the dealer out of desperation .........ouch 650 for one! W.T.F so now 15,000mi. later still gimping on the disgustingly clunky shaft my passenger one goes clunkety :cry: :cry: has anyone else had both go I'm sitting at 76,000mi and think its kinda odd that both go this soon. Also lookin for a good place to get a new or rebuilt shaft or somone parting a v6 with 2 good ones HELP!!!!!

Nothing is worse than having this beautifull car, turning heads everywhere I go and then I turn a corner and it sounds like I've got tin cans being crushed in my fenders.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Havent some members on here had alot of problems with them?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Kool what were your symptoms besides clicking on turning? I have a "clunk" noise coming from the passanger side front area during acceleration and deceleration at low speeds. I wonder if that is my CV going bad? :???:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
usually when it goes you only hear it when you turn....at first. then as they progress they'll start to clunk as you drive straight and press on and off the gas.

the very first thing you see (commonly) is grease on the inner part of your rim from the boot around the cv joint separating the loss of grease in the joint is what tends to make it go bad

·
Banned
9,668 Posts
crew217 said:
jaycevs said:
Havent some members on here had alot of problems with them?
nope . . . . except scuba . . . but he's dropped a ridiculous amt.

If you're dropped a lot . . . go for the HD.

Dave
My issues were found to be something else other then the quality of the joint. Ive had no issues, and Marty has a warranty on all his parts and labor. Great guy to deal with. If you want more details, do a search under my name and for Raxles, you'll see where I talk about my experiences with the Raxles Axles.

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.