Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a project for a guy off of the vortex for his A4 and he wants to have complete use of his trunk(i guess he's a member of CAA cause he feels he doesn't need a spare tire... ????). So i figured i post the project on here for yall b5'ers to see. I've got one layer of fibreglass on and soon will be able to take it out of my car to save it from gettin fibreglass all over it.

The system will include 2 JL 10W1's with an apmp that hasn't yet been purchased or found. ANyone lookin to sell something like a 600W maybe kenwood or so? IM me if so.

I've just got this pic to show cause its gettin dark out and i gotta go to bed soon. Keep checkin back for updaes. (sorry for the bluriness. Camera doen'st like when it can't see what its taking a shot of.)

Brent

**Updated**
Just finished the second layer of glass, and its looing pretty good and feeling solid. one or two more layers and some filler, and the next stage will be ready to be tackled.

<![CDATA[I'm doing a project for a guy off of the vortex for his A4 and he wants to have complete use of his trunk(i guess he's a member of CAA cause he feels he doesn't need a spare tire... ????). So i figured i post the project on here for yall b5'ers to see. I've got one layer of fibreglass on and soon will be able to take it out of my car to save it from gettin fibreglass all over it.

The system will include 2 JL 10W1's with an apmp that hasn't yet been purchased or found. ANyone lookin to sell something like a 600W maybe kenwood or so? IM me if so.

I've just got this pic to show cause its gettin dark out and i gotta go to bed soon. Keep checkin back for updaes. (sorry for the bluriness. Camera doen'st like when it can't see what its taking a shot of.)

Brent

**Updated**
Just finished the second layer of glass, and its looing pretty good and feeling solid. one or two more layers and some filler, and the next stage will be ready to be tackled.

[Modified by mr_brent, 6:41 PM 3/17/2003]

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Custome Sub Enclosure in Spare tire well. (Espaz11)

woops.. my bad.. thanks dude.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Re: Custome Sub Enclosure in Spare tire well. (mr_brent)

One of the things I never understood about the passat is why the spare tire well is shaped like an angle food cake pan. Why did they design the car so the tire mounts with the inside down? On my wife's Golf, the tire mounts the opposite way and tools mount in the inside of the wheel. Gives more options for wheel well enclosures IMO.

-Mark

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Custome Sub Enclosure in Spare tire well. (mghunt)

very true.. it'd also make it much easier to mold. and allow for say a 12W7. ha.. must be a reason for it.

<![CDATA[very true.. it'd also make it much easier to mold. and allow for say a 12W7. ha.. must be a reason for it.

[Modified by mr_brent, 6:09 PM 3/19/2003]

·
Registered
646 Posts
Re: Custome Sub Enclosure in Spare tire well. (mr_brent)

I like what you are doing and I to work with fiberglass, i would actual recomend to use the BP1000 by JBL I sound really good with the w8 and the price does hurt the pocket much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts