Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I machined and engraved this on my Fadal CNC mill. I had a few key fobs left over from a job I did for a hotel.
A friend just got an Impreza and he is excited about it, so I made this for him.
Sorry. My camera isn't very good. Lighting is weird with shiny stuff.

·
Banned
8,975 Posts
Take 3 pictures with no flash and different EV settings, then combine them into an HDR image with a program called Picturenaut. It's free.

Basically HDR photography takes multiple images of the same thing with different exposure settings and combines the most detailed parts of each image so the final doesn't have any black shadows or white highlights. It's very useful, and I predict someday digital cameras will do it automatically.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They would have been in this style, but I was thinking more along the lines of a separate badge rather than a trunk badge replacement.
VWOA didn't like this one.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That one was an experiment. I learned (after a couple years) that the colored epoxy and the aluminum don't get along expanding and contracting hundreds of times and they start to separate. I had a fix for that issue, but VWOA shut me down because I stole their sacred roundel. I had a couple of proprietary designs too.

This one is on my Passat.

I ran this on my Jetta.

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,906 Posts
I'm not too sure how cool that would be with Thanasi. He does still run this site, right? I tried to get permission to make Club B5 badges years ago and he never replied.
yes, he still owns the site. nobody really knows what's going on, and generally contacting him directly seems to mostly be a waste of time, from what i hear about from others that try. if you want to get in contact, do try shooting a PM to either atomicalex, rusty, or any of the other senior mod/admin staff.

This one is on my Passat.
nice viewmaster film wheel :lol: :poke:
cool change though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts