Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
why go flowmaster, is your passat powered by a 302c.i. 5.0? :lol:

seriously, i wish I bookmarked the guy overseas who did a dual exhaust set up. I think he had a 2.5" pipe going to the exhaust, and one exhaust tip about 1' away from the muffler, and the other tip RAN through the space of the bumper cover 4' away from the muffler. Looked GREAT.

Don't restrict your exhaust flow. Remember back pressure in turbo cars is bad. Let that sucker breathe. Then again-FWIW; Only massively huge diameter exhausts are bad (it hampers spool up time)

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
slimebucket said:
Spanky McGee said:
why go flowmaster, is your passat powered by a 302c.i. 5.0? :lol:

seriously, i wish I bookmarked the guy overseas who did a dual exhaust set up. I think he had a 2.5" pipe going to the exhaust, and one exhaust tip about 1' away from the muffler, and the other tip RAN through the space of the bumper cover 4' away from the muffler. Looked GREAT.

Don't restrict your exhaust flow. Remember back pressure in turbo cars is bad. Let that sucker breathe. Then again-FWIW; Only massively huge diameter exhausts are bad (it hampers spool up time)
Is back pressure in V6's bad as well?

Rich :wink:
You're killin' me rich! :p

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.