Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what im going to do:

cut out resonator and go with a 2.25 inch pipe from the cat to a flowmaster muffler, then split to two 2.25 inch pipes for a dual exhaust exit (cuz ive seen a nice dual exhaust on a v6 and absolutley love it).

im looking for anyone who has a similar exhaust diameter and/or flowmaster muffler to chime in here and tell me what they know, or anyone else who knows anything

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
why go flowmaster, is your passat powered by a 302c.i. 5.0? :lol:

seriously, i wish I bookmarked the guy overseas who did a dual exhaust set up. I think he had a 2.5" pipe going to the exhaust, and one exhaust tip about 1' away from the muffler, and the other tip RAN through the space of the bumper cover 4' away from the muffler. Looked GREAT.

Don't restrict your exhaust flow. Remember back pressure in turbo cars is bad. Let that sucker breathe. Then again-FWIW; Only massively huge diameter exhausts are bad (it hampers spool up time)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Spanky McGee said:

seriously, i wish I bookmarked the guy overseas who did a dual exhaust set up. I think he had a 2.5" pipe going to the exhaust, and one exhaust tip about 1' away from the muffler, and the other tip RAN through the space of the bumper cover 4' away from the muffler. Looked GREAT.

Don't restrict your exhaust flow. Remember back pressure in turbo cars is bad. Let that sucker breathe. Then again-FWIW; Only massively huge diameter exhausts are bad (it hampers spool up time)
Is back pressure in V6's bad as well?

Rich :wink:

·
Registered
154 Posts
HOLY HEEZY. i didn't think there was enough room between the bumper and the body to run that pipe! that completely rocks...I want to do single-piped, but that exact setup...are there any big things i should watch out for when trying something like this? Would it possibly be beneficial to just shut off the second pipe entirely and let the whole thing flow out of one (purely cosmetic second pipe) or does it actually add function?

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
slimebucket said:
Spanky McGee said:

Is back pressure in V6's bad as well?

Rich :wink:
You're killin' me rich! :p

·
Registered
665 Posts
tonality said:
Would it possibly be beneficial to just shut off the second pipe entirely and let the whole thing flow out of one (purely cosmetic second pipe) or does it actually add function?
If you did it for cosmetic make sure you always keep your tips clean. Or else one would look burnt and one would always be clean.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i deciced on flowmaster becasue they have mufflers that have 1 entrance and 2 exits, thus both pipes would be functional. my idea was to put the flowmaster where the 'suitcase' resonator is if it fits, otherwise i would run the pipe across the bumber. the reason i shy away from 2.5 inches diameter is that with two functional pipes after the muffler, their diameters would be combined as far as exhaust flow goes, so half of my exhaust would be 5 INCHES. thats a freakin lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.