Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Haha sorry for "Resurecting" a dead post. Im still driving the b5 passat. This thread while dead is still valid as far as im concerned. Alot of good insight here. Thanks.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,179 Posts
The thread is valid, but your post was not really accurate. Ever since the recall, there has been a dramatic drop in coil pack failures. Also, the spark plugs aren't failure prone at all.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,179 Posts
Not the right plug for the 1.8T They are very particular. PFR6Q run the best, even when chipped (.032 stock gap, .028 if chipped). BKR7E copper if bigger turbo. There is a whole thread on it.

Reactions: Moonrunner236

·
Registered
27,093 Posts
Platinum plugs last longer, others my have better spark, but need to be replaced more often. Some people run the cheap Denso plugs and replace them every 10-20K. You can run a slightly colder platinum NGK, I do with the R8 coils as I will eventually chip or upgrade the turbo (been saying that for 5 years).

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone know of a cure for the rough idle while in drive? My POS Passat shakes very badly. I have had it in three different dealerships and reverse image search email checker port checker not one could tell me anything besides "Oh, thats normal". Its not normal to not be able to see yourself in the mirror because the car is shakeing so bad. Please help!!!
I had a very rough idle at 65k. I took off the throttle body and cleaned the crap out of it. Now the idle is so smooth I cant even tell if the car is on anymore.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts