Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
They should get it, just for the novel method... maybe TLC will give them a hand. They'd be a great team for Junk Yard Wars :lol:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
that's nothing.

a few months ago there was a group that converted a large truck into a sea-fairing vessel.

they drove it right into the water, disconnected the driveshaft from the rear end and mounted a prop.

they drove it to within miles of the coast, where they were intercepted by the Coast Guard, and the truck was sunk.

their intent was to arrive at the beach, re-attach the the driveshaft, and drive onto US soil, making their effort, ingenuity, and case for political asylum a success.

it's a shame it didn't work out that way.

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
TwoLitreVW said:
that's nothing.

a few months ago there was a group that converted a large truck into a sea-fairing vessel.

they drove it right into the water, disconnected the driveshaft from the rear end and mounted a prop.

they drove it to within miles of the coast, where they were intercepted by the Coast Guard, and the truck was sunk.

their intent was to arrive at the beach, re-attach the the driveshaft, and drive onto US soil, making their effort, ingenuity, and case for political asylum a success.
It's same guy's... they said they tried a truck the first time. (RTA!)

I would have expected an El Camino

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was the same guy! :) They talk about it in the article. I wonder if this was the same set up?

I wonder what the next rig will be, I hope that it works. Maybe he should try and find a vehicle that doesn't stand out so much. Too bad they dont have K-cars in Cuba :lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Holicow
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing