Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in some sort of crises (passat 2002 GLS); I was trying to inspect the fuel tank release switch on the driver door panel, Now the the car is totally immobilized, can't bring the window up, the remote doesn't open or close the window and most important, the engine is not starting;
something really bad happened and I really appreciate any help or a tip:banghead:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did that, no bad fuse was found, although some of the fuses (the engine immobilizer related) didn't seems to be getting any power, unless there is another master fuse or breaker, I thought those should be getting power (the ignition switch was turned on)

thanks anyway;)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
everything is working except that the engine is not starting...
dodn't remove any parts!!

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
hmm, I dono, may be u could try to disconnect your battery for like 10-15 minutes, then connect it again c if that helps..
do you have a vagcom? Manual or automatic? and you are not getting any spark / crank from the engine eh?

how many mile is on the caR?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll try what you suggested...

It is Automatic, and it have less then 130,000 Km,

the red light on the door is not blinking anymore,

the window dose't go up or down even if you used the key on the door

and the doom light not turnning on when you open the door

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the interior lights is not working...
I'll try changing f14 soon

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
amazing how a small thing can be of so much impact...

Changing F14 solved all my problem, except of course the original gas filler opening switch on the driver door, I guess I have to live with pulling the harness everytime I have to fileup the tank!!

Thank you all for your help :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I saw the OP earlier and thought, "I have no idea what is wrong with that car". I didn't think the answer would come so quickly. I'll never doubt the knowledge of PassatWorld's masses again.

:bowdown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts