Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone experience a creaky center console under the armrest...I know it's not just the armrest lid either...I lift it up and push right above the e brake and still hear it...anyone know how to lube it or apply grease anywhere to shut it up? It sucks to get it and lean and hear snap cracle pop. :mad:

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Does it happen when you just lean on it? I don't lean on it when I drive, but when I let my dad drive and I was a passenger, he would occasionally lean on it and it creaked.

If so, don't lean on it. Have both hands on the wheel.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I was actually thinking of reinforcing mine with something like 1/4 inch aluminium (but never got around to it).

·
Registered
3,813 Posts
Mine creaks too. It gets pretty abused if you think about it. I don't know what can be done to prevent it. Probably not much :roll:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me too!! :mad:
... but it's already replaced by VW dealer (warranty stills :D )

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
huh...well...I did some experimenting with it this weekend and managed to quiet it down a bit. I took a grease gun (clear grease mind you...vaseline would work too) The black tray in the middle has a lip underneath it that the tray snaps into...found that applying a layer of grease to that lip and then reinstalling the tray quieted it down quite a bit. Also wiped the whole thing down with 2001 protectant, seems to have helped the other creaks too oddly enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.