Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I have a 2002 1.8t passat. I'm having some issues getting it started after it sitting for about 6 months. The issue is crank no start, no fuel pump running, no spark at the plugs.
I don't get power to the fuel pump fuse, the relay does click. I've swapped the relay as well. The fuel pump works when I apply 12 volts directly to the pump.
I get no spark at the plugs.
I checked the fuses that the ignition switch powers but there's no power. I installed a new switch, but that didn't help.
My car does make 2 clicking sounds, like a relay, down in the shift interlock module when I turn the key to on. It's never done that before and I'm having issues finding any information on that particular issue.
I'm really not sure where else to go with this car. I hope that I'm missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So for what it's worth, I finally fixed it today. I gave up on it for quite a while, but got off my ass and worked on it today. It was the stupid ABS fuse. Replaced that and it fired right up. Seems like I checked all the fuses but I guess not.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,016 Posts
That's strange. Remember what number on the panel it was? I'm curious to see what else that fuse protects.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts