Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Her car got totalled about a coulpe of weeks ago and it wasn't her fault. She's alright but if she wasn't wearing her seat-belt she probably would have died because it happened on the freeway and guys know what high speed can add to an accident.

Anyways, I told her a year ago that I had an accident with the Passat at 90 Km/h and I wasn't really hurt that much. I guess she remembered about my accident and she now wants a fun and very safe car to drive, so she is considering a passat.

What do you guys think in terms of a 25 year old girl taking care of a car that sometimes needs to be taken car of. (ie. going in to dealer once a week)

I think the Passat would be full of scratches and the paint would look very wierd over a certain period of time. And I wouldn't think she knows anything about these cars.

Another cousin of mine got a 2002 Jetta TDI auto. and everyday he calls me to tell me that he just saw another cool thing on his car.

If she gets it, I think she will drive me crazy with the little neat features she just found out about or the squeks and rattles comming from the passenger side. I hope she gets the Integra for my sake.

<![CDATA[Her car got totalled about a coulpe of weeks ago and it wasn't her fault. She's alright but if she wasn't wearing her seat-belt she probably would have died because it happened on the freeway and guys know what high speed can add to an accident.

Anyways, I told her a year ago that I had an accident with the Passat at 90 Km/h and I wasn't really hurt that much. I guess she remembered about my accident and she now wants a fun and very safe car to drive, so she is considering a passat.

What do you guys think in terms of a 25 year old girl taking care of a car that sometimes needs to be taken car of. (ie. going in to dealer once a week)

I think the Passat would be full of scratches and the paint would look very wierd over a certain period of time. And I wouldn't think she knows anything about these cars.

Another cousin of mine got a 2002 Jetta TDI auto. and everyday he calls me to tell me that he just saw another cool thing on his car.

If she gets it, I think she will drive me crazy with the little neat features she just found out about or the squeks and rattles comming from the passenger side. I hope she gets the Integra for my sake.

[Modified by mrgreek2002, 8:17 AM 8/2/2002]

·
Registered
4,817 Posts
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (mrgreek2002)

It may be better for her to get the Integra if neither one jumps out at her as being much better (after she drives both of them). In all likelihood, the Passat may need more trips to the dealer than the Integra.

·
Registered
9,106 Posts
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (Electron Man)

The first thing that jumps out at me about this decision is this:

She doesn't seem to have any car-buying criteria. The Passat and Integra are pretty far apart, given features, styles, etc. I'm from the school of thought that you don't buy the "car," you buy a list of needs and wants that manifest themselves into a particular product. I could understand stretching that a little if a really great deal comes up. The old marketing adage is "people don't buy drills, they buy holes."

Just my $.02: Have her make a list of things she wants from a car, tangible and intangible. Then list off some cars that meet those criteria. I can't really imagine Passat and Integra coming up on the same list.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (ashman78)

IMO, the Integra is more fun to drive than the Passat, though all I can speak for is the GS-R, I have not driven the lesser models. But the Passat is safer and more practical. Want fun=get the Integra(preferibly GS-R); want safety and practicalitity(sp?)=get the Passat.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (AdamL)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>IMO, the Integra is more fun to drive than the Passat, though all I can speak for is the GS-R, I have not driven the lesser models. But the Passat is safer and more practical. Want fun=get the Integra(preferibly GS-R); want safety and practicalitity(sp?)=get the Passat. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So the obvious answer here is get a Jetta/GTI.
201 hp VR6, and 8 standard airbags, how much more could you ask for?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (AdamL)

My 27 year old sister loves our passat and my wife is only 25!

My sister had an inetgra, the ride is rough, the interior small [especially the back seat], and the long distance comfort not that great. The quality was top notch.

She traded it in for a pathfinder [I swear I tried, she just wanted a truck
] and is now very happy. Many people aren't picky what they drive as long it's nice.

We visited my wifes cousin from out of town, and at 23 and a rice girl she loved our car too, said she'd trade in her rice mobile in a sec for it. Not to mention all our friends who are 25-28 just love it (they currently drive jetta 1.8t, protoge and corrola)

I think your cousin would get many ooooos and aaaaaas from her friend if she gets a passat.

Don't forget guys a passat has a very big cool factor associated with it.

·
murdered out Jetta, er, B5 Passat
11,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Cousin thinking of getting either a used Passat or Integra. (mrgreek2002)

Thanks to all of you guys who took the time to give me some feedback and I will certainly give this thread to her and we will take your suggestions and soon she will make her choice.

We shall soon see what her pic will be.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts