Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it safe to assume that if I tape over or bend the TFL pin on my OEM light switch, it will be the same as installing the Euroswitch as far as using my DRL's when I want to and also having the ability to run just my fog lights and park lights without the headlights? :???:

Forgive me if this doesn't make sense. :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
No, foglights being on with only parking lights will work only the euroswitch on cars after 2000 without rewiring. the NA switch only has 2 positions off or parking lights and low beams on . the euroswitch has three positions which you need for the configuration that you want.

Pete

·
Registered
56 Posts
DRL

Hi

Why don't you just disconnect relay 175(or is it 178)? When you do, everything else runs fine! And when you want to get your DRL running again, you'll just have to put it back.

Good luck

Gunde

It's located just above the steering column on the 2000. We can't see it without removing the panel under the steering wheel.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Yeah, just open your fuse box, look inside and you will see a panel of relays in plain sight, well practically. Anyway pull #173, it's the closest and easiest. Took me about 3 min total time. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Bmpassat said:
No, foglights being on with only parking lights will work only the euroswitch on cars after 2000 without rewiring. the NA switch only has 2 positions off or parking lights and low beams on . the euroswitch has three positions which you need for the configuration that you want.

Pete

I just taped over the B pin on the Euroswitch installed in my B5.5 and this solved the problem only partially... The headlights don't go on when I start the car but if I move the switch one click clockwise the city lights are on with the headlights but on lower voltage... Is this suppose to happen or should I get just the citylights go on????

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
S_Klass said:
What you have is normal.

DRL + City Lights = 1st notch.
You say it is normal, OK but now I have a different problem... I will put my HIDS tomorrow and they are not supposed to run on low voltage... What do I do? Can I get just the citylights on on the first notch???

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just curious, Relay #173, does it go to the parking brake switch? I've got a 5 spd, and I noticed that the "daytime running lights" come on as soon as you let the parking brake off. :poke:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts