Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a place to drop by to let off a little bit of stress, if needed.

With all the malls closed, this option might not be available. But, whatever you do, do not - I repeat DO NOT - attempt this with a belt sander! It will not end well.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,650 Posts
Well done! BTYW I got the last 4 pack at Walmart yesterday and they are very tiny. They are rationing toilet paper and other items such as milk.

In my area there is no toilet paper, papers towels, Kleenex, or baby wipes. Most canned veggies and fruit are gone. No pasta at all. Meat and produce are so far OK. Only 2 confirmed cases in my county. Company lock down starts on Sunday. Funnny how liquor stores are exempt and now can have takeout booze from bars.

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,739 Posts
The sales figures for firearms are raising in the US btw............
Without starting a debate over pro/against.....the first time buyers are suddenly finding out how hard it is to get one, in most cases.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already own enough firearms, and have ( I hope ) enough toilet paper. But what I think I will run out of is eggs. I don't think this shortage is due to stock-piling; I think it is more a delivery problem.

Anyways, I am glad I have enough Lysol........

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Without starting a debate over pro/against.....the first time buyers are suddenly finding out how hard it is to get one, in most cases.
Not starting a pro/con debate.
I was wondering about the priorities in different countries.
Germans are hoarding toilet paper and pasta. Dutchmen potatoe chips and FRenchmen red wine and condomes

·
Moderator/Administrator
23,739 Posts
Germans are hoarding toilet paper and pasta. Dutchmen potatoe chips and FRenchmen red wine and condomes
I was stating that in case someone else chimed in ;) . I know your comment was merely an observation.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I understand that Germans have an obsession with scheisse, so the toilet paper hoarding is appropriate if that's how they plan on spending their time indoors. And the potato is a staple in the Netherlands so it's a comfort food, and the French must plan on having sexual escapades.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Here's what it's like where I'm at. This is reminiscent of everywhere I go.
Most stores are like this throughout.
Any dairy product, eggs, meat, poultry, dry and canned goods all non existent.
ZERO paper products left.
As fast as the trucks bring the stuff in, it disappears.
Took my wife and I (13) days to find a 9pack of asswipe. 😕

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
Besides everyone freaking out and hoarding all the food like Armageddon is at our doorstep, now there's a rush on freezers.
So now people can hoard even more shyte.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
But you got Hostess snacks !
It's funny, with a run on the stores, it's really obvious what people DON'T buy, cause there's tons of that stuff still laying around.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Люди сеют панику и покупают все, что только можно. Невозможно найти антисептик ни в одном магазине, даже в Интернете.

Translated:
People sow panic and buy everything that is possible. It is impossible to find an antiseptic in any store, even on the Internet.

·
Lefties have rights, too!
15,650 Posts
Went to the supermarket and saw paper towels on the shelf for the first time in a couple of weeks. Maybe things are getting a little better?

Traffic still seems to be fairly normal but no cars parked in town. Hopefully, gas prices will start to drop soon.

·
Registered
26,821 Posts
Gas prices have dropped quite a bit already. $1.39 at Costco locally and $1.49 at other stations. Oklahoma has dropped to $1.00. Since we don't go anywhere, it does not really matter too much.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts