Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any other B5er had this happen? I have a '99 Passat GLS and the front corner lights(lights located on the outer side of the front headlights), both sides have developed a constant fog/mist within the unit.

If you've had experience with this did VW cover it under warranty? My Passat only has 89,000 k.m.(54,201 miles) and I still have 25,000 k.m.
(15,225 miles) of warranty left. Thanks in advance, any input is greatly appreciated!!
:D

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
To my knowledge VW won't cover this sort of thing. I had the same problem once and it just went away on it's own. I started parking in a covered lot for a spell and after returning to outdoor parking I haven't noticed it again...I'm pretty sure. Not practical I know but there is the possibility that it will run it's course and evaporate.

·
Registered
2,105 Posts
It won't be covered by VW. You can pick up some new ones for less than $50 in the group buy section, or their are usaly people who will sell you a pair of stock lights for pretty cheap.

·
Registered
216 Posts
The corner lights on my 99 have what appears to be a vent tube so I dont think you can break the seal. Its already broken. One of my corners was fogging up. My problem was the way the wires we positioned behind the light. The loose plastic sleeve that holds the 3 wires for the light was filling up with water after a good rain. This would feed the water right to the electrical connection for the light which would give a constant fog. Take out the light and let it sit in the sun with bulb removed. It should dry up quickly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.