Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, What the chuck!!!! I get on the Fla. Turnpike and after a few miles my driver side corner marker/blinker comes out and is flopping around the driver side fender and then dissappears!!:thumbdown :cry: I pull over and the light and the light socket is gone so I put the plug-less cable in the hole next to the headlight and get back on the road and then about a half hour later the pass. side corner/blinker light flies out too and is tossed in the road just to be smashed in traffic!!:Yikes: :( :banghead: :confused: What the hell! Is this common or did someone f with my lights!! The VW show in South Fla was nice but damn what a return trip!! Can I get the plug that is now missing?? Anyone have any corner lights for a 99 passat wagen? Will new ones just fly off too? Should I just go for new front lights with the blinker/marker part of it to solve this? Thanks Bill

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering that! Is it that the metal clip wasn't attached right to hold it? I seen that the replacements don't have that airbox type clip but have a spring with a pull ring. Can I get new corner bulb holders from any auto parts store or is it just a vw item? Maybe time for a headlight/marker upgrade!!Thanks Bill

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
I don't recall any metal clip for attachment. My OEM had the retaining spring and tab for attachment. The failure usually occurs where the retaining spring connects to the plastic housing. The plastic simply breaks from fatigue. As far as I know it's a VW item and about $40 to $50 IIRC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts