Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
nope, the intake manifold is one of the last things I'm re-installing... Can't install the hard water pipe when the intake manifold is on. I'm waiting for the throttle body heater hoses (078-121-188-A & 078-121-188-B) and o-ring (N 903 800 02 : 24X3) to install the hard pipe, but I can install the heater core sender hose tonight - waiting for hookup to the hard pipe.. But I can paint the hard pipe tonight!! And clean the throttle body and engine bay... while I wait

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Every V6 I've worked on, these were already broken when removing the intake manifold.
Honestly, I've never replaced them.
With all of the screws aligning the intake manifold, it's not a necessity to have them.
Even with those plastic things, you can still shimmy the intake around a bit.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
nope, the intake manifold is one of the last things I'm re-installing... Can't install the hard water pipe when the intake manifold is on. I'm waiting for the throttle body heater hoses and o-ring (N 903 800 02 : 24X3) to install the hard pipe, but I can install the heater core sender hose tonight.
That's good. With the intake removed there is a ton of room to get things buttoned up.
After the intake goes on, your pretty much done for.
Unless you've got 'tiny' hands. I don't.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Every V6 I've worked on, these were already broken when removing the intake manifold.
Honestly, I've never replaced them.
With all of the screws aligning the intake manifold, it's not a necessity to have them.
Even with those plastic things, you can still shimmy the intake around a bit.

View attachment 100412
Yeah.. I get it... Then like @PZ mentioned, it would truly quality as 'modified'

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Speaking of modified...
Back in the day if you saw a vehicle pull up to the light with one of these stuck in the lower corner of a window, you knew that vehicle was for sure modified. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Speaking of modified...
Back in the day if you saw a vehicle pull up to the light with one of these stuck in the lower corner of a window, you knew that vehicle was for sure modified. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 100413
The crazy woody the woodpecker logo - yes! Usually saw that on a mopar product in the 70's racing the drag on Long Point pushing 160 mph in a death trap... yeah...

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Well, no paint booth... but yeah

Reactions: PZ

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Noice. (y)

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Did the same thing to mine when I did the full rebuild.

·
Moderator/Administrator
25,223 Posts
Ooooh, purdy! That things looks sexy.

I have those same saw horses. They are HEAVY.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Man that’s beautiful... I’m.. I think I’m gonna cry... that’s pretty. But ok, how’d you get it so clean??? Media blasting?? How? I gotsta get me a hoist and engine dolly.

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Man that’s beautiful... I’m.. I think I’m gonna cry... that’s pretty. But ok, how’d you get it so clean??? Media blasting?? How? I gotsta get me a hoist and engine dolly.
I soda blasted everything you see.
I'll post up some pictures from when I did this rebuild when I get home. At work right now.

Reactions: Rob.Achmann

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
I have those same saw horses. They are HEAVY.
Those corners are sharp too! I had gotten a few lacerations on my legs during that project. :cry:

Reactions: VAGguy

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Sorry Rob, totally highjacked your thread.
I should probably start another thread for some of the stuff that I'm going to post.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Haha no worries. I love the pics but it’ll just be hard to find when I try to find them again if not in their own post

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #78 ·
I cannot find the words that can describe my frustration. I waited a week for this part:

that’s the new one. Can anyone see what’s wrong with it? Hold on, let me now show you the original...

can you see now??? Well, let me tell you. The clip in the new one above is designed wrong and off by 90 degrees... I can not install it because the clip will not catch. If I bend the pipe so it does catch, there will be a crimp in the hose. Damn!! I’m losing my mind...Hiw is this possible? Is the 2001 V6 water pipe designed at the angle the replacement part has? Did it change at some point?

Is there anything I can do?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I cannot find the words that can describe my frustration. I waited a week for this part:

View attachment 100467

that’s the new one. Can anyone see what’s wrong with it? Hold on, let me now show you the original...

View attachment 100468

can you see now??? Well, let me tell you. The clip in the new one above is designed wrong and off by 90 degrees... I can not install it because the clip will not catch. If I bend the pipe so it does catch, there will be a crimp in the hose. Damn!! I’m losing my mind...Hiw is this possible? Is the 2001 V6 water pipe designed at the angle the replacement part has? Did it change at some point?

Is there anything I can do?
Can you start the thread sideways, push it all the way in and rotate it up? It should catch that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,481 Posts
Stupid question, did you get the right part number?
The inlet and outlet hoses are NOT the same.

Reactions: Rob.Achmann
61 - 80 of 98 Posts