Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
In reverse, but chained to a tree.
13,904 Posts
th...those..
they can't be stable enough for a 3700 pound car...

can they?
o_O

if it can handle a massive amount of stupid driving, hard turns, donuts for extended periods of time, and any other challenge you throw at it...
i may just buy them....

needs a good way to clean the brake dust off of it though... removing the wheel to clean the inside doesnt sound inticing, though the colouring posibilities do....

·
Retired PassatWorld Staff
6,165 Posts
As it mentions in the article... originally a motorcycle wheel, which I can totally see (little to no lateral loads).

In a non-trailer-queen? I think not, even if for the cleaning reason sipes mentioned.

Funny they mention that the Z in the video mentioned is doing doughnuts... not much adhesion, thus low lateral loads when drifting. I'd like to see it pulling a 0.9g turn with a sligh drift as it goes over several pavement seams :D

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
wow thats almost as crazy as those rims that have the pictures you can put on them that light up..either way i dont know if i would trust it. doesnt seem safe.

·
13,904 Posts
from the picture it seems as if it were only about 2 cm.
i can easily see it for a motorcycle as well. that being because the predominant parts of a MC that you al ways see, are the rims, motor, and handle bars.
most cases, the motor, then rims.
though there are a lot of substances out there that can support a car at that thickness.....
i honestly don't believe that bulletproof glass can even stand up to (bad pun) a car's spoke system for the rims.

as you said, PV, i would like to see it doing that as well. lol.*POP*

it seems to me that if you used this quite frequently that the wear and tear could warp the plastic, or debris could scratch it, causing a serious health hazard.

i don't care what scientific proof it has qualifying it as a sport capable rim, i aint gonna drive with it.

in the very least, it would be used for shows only. those times when the car sits alone, showing off it's beauty. NOT doing crazy ass stunts on those...

·
13,904 Posts
ACK.
take a good look at this.....

now look closely at that URL given on the logo.
now, go type that in your browser.
rofl.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts