Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't understand a word of it considering it was all in German, but a cool video nonetheless. It's about 22 minutes long. Hope it's not a repost! Enjoy!

BMW Factory

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
My thought at the end was "We made a 3! Yay!". Very happy video lol. And then after a few minutes went by..."I want my 3! Goddamnit we made that thing!" Great video, all 22 minutes were good. I'd be very curious to see how our PASSAT's are made.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Wow, the robotics in that factory is amazing! So precise, so gentle. And the conveyers that move the parts around make the assembly look like a dance!

Watching some of this made me think of "Monsters Inc." the Pixar movie - they have warehouse(s) full of engines, and completed chassis. Robots pick out the right one for the employees, go to the section of the shelf, and get the parts! (like the "doors" in MI)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Great video, watch it twice. It's amazing the detail and work that goes into that. I wonder how many cars that factory produces on a given day?

·
Registered
6,241 Posts
This is by far the best automotive video I've ever watched. As I was watching this I'm thinking to myself I wish I could've seen my car built.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts