Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
That guy was stupid and weird.....and human cones to drift between was kinda weird....

But other than that, look at those ricemobiles go!!!! And I still am confused by what it takes to turn a car into a drifter......

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
And I still am confused by what it takes to turn a car into a drifter......
RWD, really stiff springs, no fron roll bar and a big/still rear bar...but it can be done with AWD if you have enough power and with FWD if you use really skinny rear tires...

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
i actually went to one of these events at Road Atlanta recently. SCCA sanctions these drift events now. Its the Formula Drift series. It was actually quite enjoyable to watch these stunt guys literally run full throttle on the edge of traction within a few inches of each other....espicially when its a full race GTS Viper.

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
Kiyoshi said:
Basically front traction with very little rear traction.....I get it

Except it always have huge power and can spin their tires from a standstill, that seems to help drifting too, right?
All that does is breat the rear end loose easier. Notice they mostly run wide sticky tires, so they need HP to break them loose...less HP and les sticky rear tires would work too...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.