Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a weird knocking noise that has continually gotten worse in the front right side of my car......at first I barely noticed it, now I can hear it with the music on...quite annoying. Control arms? What could it be?

Stats: 1999 b5 v6 tip, lowered Fk suspension, 17" flik justice wheels. 54k miles.

Ideas? Not sure if I want to take this into the dealer in case they blame it on the lowering......

8,184 Posts
Yup thats it maybe......drive over a ton of speed bumps and if you hear it everytime then yes that is it. As for the VW warr call your vin to a dealer to see if the recall has been done if not go to the dealer....no you may have to go to a few intill you hit one that will take you warr due to being lowered

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to mention this too: I only hear it w hen I press the accelerator...even if im barely pressing it. Also, if im making right turns (and I have the window open) I can hear a weird creaking too at low speeds....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I had nearly the exact same symptoms on my 99 1.8T. It turned out to be 2 UCA's and one of my sway bar end links needed to be replaced.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts