1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
412 Posts
There's already a group buy on these. Are these the Belgium or German made control arms. Last I heard, there were issues with the Belgium control arms. Please confirm. Are you sure you finally have them back in stock??? I waited too long on the last one..

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
nycpassat said:
There's already a group buy on these. Are these the Belgium or German made control arms. Last I heard, there were issues with the Belgium control arms. Please confirm. Are you sure you finally have them back in stock??? I waited too long on the last one..
If you look at the page, he has several different suppliers you can obtain these from. Two are German.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you look at the page, he has several different suppliers you can obtain these from. Two are German.[/quote]

Looks like the complete kit is made in Belgium. Thanks for the info ColoradoB5

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
No prob. So I think I might be a candidate for these parts. If they make a noise that sounds like a tire rubbing a little on turns only, is that what you would expect to see when these wear out?

My tires do not rub BTW... :D

·
Registered
412 Posts
coloradob5 said:
No prob. So I think I might be a candidate for these parts. If they make a noise that sounds like a tire rubbing a little on turns only, is that what you would expect to see when these wear out?

My tires do not rub BTW... :D
Not necessarily. Typically, you will hear squeaking/creaking noises indicating the lower arms are failing and clunking indicating the uppers are failing. AFAIK, I heard of a few issues in other forums about the reliability the Belgium made CAs.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
Thanks. I may have something else going on. Too bad you can't get out of your car while you are driving to check these sorts of noises out...hehe :eek:

·
Registered
835 Posts
nycpassat said:
AFAIK, I heard of a few issues in other forums about the reliability the Belgium made CAs.
Have you got a link to this? Other than the generic "German parts are better" I'd like some direct info to back claims like that. After all the original CAs would have been German and they weren't too crash hot.

Is there a technical difference between the Sidem and Febi-Bilstein CAs?

·
Registered
621 Posts
Kosmas said:
Have you got a link to this?
Same question. I searched on "belgium" +control and got no hits.

TGH

·
Registered
1,886 Posts

·
6th Grade
14,918 Posts
Hey, anybody ever wonder what the steering would feel like if you had a solid outer tie rod end instead of the stock end with the rubber mounted rod?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts