Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a set of these from my local Discount Tire, excellent service and fast install. I was the first in my area to order a set of these tires.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I too picked up a set early in December. They perform surprisingly well in the snow. I was quite pleased. Not a snow tire of course, but better than any all-season tire I've owned. Compared to my previous Michelin Exaltos (which were also fine tires), the Pures have noticeably lower rolling resistance. I could feel the difference immediately -- like driving with a tailwind! (I checked that the tire pressure on the new tires was the same as the old tires, to give a fair comparison.) I won't bother to take accurate fuel readings until the warmer weather, though. (The winter cold kills gas mileage, regardless of tire.) While my local Discount tire did a fine job with the installation, I had to nag them periodically to see if they could find my tire size. I guess they didn't make much profit on the small Passat tire and weren't that motivated to look. (I got the Black Friday discount.) But it was worth it. They provide a softer ride than the Exalto's, but maybe a tad more road noise, though nothing objectionable. In short, I'd recommend them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just got home with my new Continental Pure Contact 205/55/16 91V tires on my 'new', (new to me), VW Vancouver 16x7 rims. Nice service at Discount tire. I'll try to remember to update on how I like them after I get some miles on them, (20 mi. doesn't count).

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have to say that Discount Tire is far and away THE best tire store I have dealt with, and I've bought a lot of tires. I have bought 3 sets of tires from them so far and plan on doing all my tire business through them. Try them you'll like them. No I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for my comment. Just trying to give forum members a heads up on a good place to do business, no matter what kind of vehicle you are putting tires on.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have to say that Discount Tire is far and away THE best tire store I have dealt with, and I've bought a lot of tires. I have bought 3 sets of tires from them so far and plan on doing all my tire business through them. Try them you'll like them. No I am not getting paid or compensated in any way for my comment. Just trying to give forum members a heads up on a good place to do business, no matter what kind of vehicle you are putting tires on.
Thank you for the comments Tommy. That is very nice of you. We appreciate your business and look forward to helping you again.

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
We've been using Discount Tire for years. Four sets of tires and about to get the third set of wheels. I got a set of Drag 19s for my Sonata during the President's Day weekend sale - $100 rebate for the set of wheels and $60 rebate for using the Discount Tire credit card. They packaged up my OE wheels for shipping. My other half now has a 2016 Kia Forte5. We had a 2012 Forte that was running Drag 19s in silver. Now it's "I miss my old wheels" lol so they have been ordered for the new Forte5. Hopefully arriving in the next day or two. Kari at the location on Harwood Rd in Bedford, Texas is always great. I've followed her from location to location and always recommend her to friends and neighbors. As someone who spent 30 years in the auto repair industry, I recognize talent. I managed 4 Goodyear locations, and was a service advisor for VW, Audi, Land Rover and Mercedes. If I were still in the business, I'd have her as a manager somewhere.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts