Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone
I am gettiing new tires soon 225/50/16 will probably be the size. I am looking at getting these contis, i was just wondering everyones opionion on them. I live up in Canada so they have to be good in the snow. Other suggestions welcome.
Thanks a lot for the help.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Good tires. Excellent in the snow (for an all season tire). Pretty quiet, compliant ride. Grips well dry and wet.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I have the Conti ExtremeContacts in size 22/45/17. I run them year round in central Indiana. We get a fair amount of snow and a good bit of ice as well. These tire perform very well in the snow and ice. That said, they also provide good sticky traction in the warmer weather as well.

I recommend them as a good year round tire in all weather.

Slider.

·
Registered
525 Posts
RL331 said:
They are great tires...look at the Toyo Proxes 4 also.
I'm about to decide between Proxes 4 and Extreme Contacts in the next few days. While the Conti's will be about $20 cheaper, I'm leaning towards the Proxes. Any comparisons specifically between the two would be greatly appreciated. Rain performance? Dry performance? Tread life? (I run snows, so winter performance for me will be limited to getting caught in some early or late storms) TIA!

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
With those giant treadblocks, I doubt the Proxes 4 are worth anything in the snow.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot for all the help and advice. I have ordered the Conti's and I think I will be happy with them.
I just have to say the people on this form are great, thanks a lot.

Jordan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.