Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The windshield washer tank is closer to the headlights.
The brakefluid is nearest the windshield, the tank with the redish fluid at the firewall is the coolant.

·
Loose female member
4,889 Posts
Are you refering to the blue plastic container?
If so it's filled with a vacuum, don't worry about it.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not the coolant overflow tank (coolant expansion tank) says my manual. Its directly above the drivers side headlight, i think the cap is green, but since my cap says nothing on it, it may be a replaced cap. Ill go out and check the color of the fluid in a sec. When i took the cap off earlier it has a a dip stick connected to the cap to show you how full it should be.

·
Banned
373 Posts
Rich P said:
The one with the green cap? Directly behind the headlights? I believe that's the power steering fluid. In the pic above, there is an icon which looks like a steering wheel.
Yup...definitely Power Steering. I think the confusion we had trying to answer this was the geographic placement.....'below' as opposed to 'in front of'.

Joe

·
Registered
547 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mineral Hydrolic fluid! :)
Didnt actually notice the sticker label on the container or look at it long enough because its writen in german, some other language, and then english. So is this powerstearing fluid?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.