Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
hi mark
the hyperboost valve is an upgrade for the diverter valve which is a made of rubber which will perish.the hyperboost valve is made from a piston so will last alot longer.also helps give more boost and pressure for the chip upgrade.my hyperboost valve sounds amazing now i have it chipped.the maf sensor is a grey area.after my car was chipped it strugled a bit but since i got a new sensor it is amazing.i say amazing alot cause it is.my mate who has a suburu cant keep up with me now.148mph but it is the get up n go which scares my standard brakes?

·
Registered
570 Posts
hi mark.
i dont want to take buisness away from simon coz he is a top bloke,but my hyperboost valve was £100 and it took me 10 mins to fit.the forge is a great valve and has good write ups.you will need one so i would advise you to go for it.i am not sure if he fits them to passats because they are underneth the car a bit trickier than the golfs which are under the bonnet.let me know how it goes?
cheers
glen.

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi mosconiuk man,

I just got my Passat chipped by Simon as well (last Sunday)..

I get the same issue though.. with not as powerful acceleration as it should be for the chip. He also advised me to change the MAF.

So am guessing that doing this will get me much better performance? seems that with you.

Btw. Simon took me with him on his chipped TDI 1.9 and drove it like mad.. it was impressivly fast enough for me!!

Abe

·
Registered
72 Posts
My guess is you'd need to stay genuine for the MAF...

Still toying with the idea of phoning Simon for a chip - been trying in vain to get someone local to me with a 1.8T who'll scare me into making a decision!!!!

David

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mosconiuk man said:
hi mark.
i dont want to take buisness away from simon coz he is a top bloke,but my hyperboost valve was £100 and it took me 10 mins to fit.the forge is a great valve and has good write ups.you will need one so i would advise you to go for it.i am not sure if he fits them to passats because they are underneth the car a bit trickier than the golfs which are under the bonnet.let me know how it goes?
cheers
glen.
Hi Glen
Well Simon's been today and chipped the passat I've also changed the DV supplied by Simon at the same time and it's like you said it's a new car absolutely awesome car pulls like a demon. Like you the brakes will need to be done next. :p . Thanks for the advice it was a great help :)

cheers
Mark

Bulletcom
my advice is to go for it, Simon's a top bloke, very helpful, informative and he comes to you. For the money well worth it.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yeh i second that Mark, Simon chipped my car last Friday morning and i fitted a Forge DV, it might be sad but i find myself driving without the stereo on so i can hear the DV working now.

Simon is a very friendly guy and the upsolute chip is almost £200 cheaper than the other makes and the bonus is he comes and fits it for you.

As you say the extra power certainly shows up the weak points of the car i.e. the brakes and suspension.

Has anyone noticed a sudden loss in power over the last few hot days we had, i've been discussing the situation on the main b5 forum, seems that turbo charge cars suffer badly from the heat? some say they can lose upto 30-35% of their power.

Cheers

Peter :)

·
Registered
570 Posts
i do the same there is no point me having a stereo in the car now.sounds better than any music to my ears. :thumbup: yea my brakes need upgrading i already have a coilover kit fitted as well as my 19" rs6s.do you have you air con on as that effects the power?

·
Registered
657 Posts
No i dont bother with the aircon, have my window open to listen to the DV.

Simon said you had a problem with your MAF sensor, what problems did that cause you and how much did it cost as a replacement?

·
Registered
570 Posts
when simon first chipped it the engine was misfiring and not picking up properly.he said it could be the coil packs.i took it to my local vw main steeler and they told me it was the maf.they wanted £260 for fixing a new one.i got a new one for £90 and fitted myself now runs great no probs at all,

·
Registered
657 Posts
mosconiuk man said:
when simon first chipped it the engine was misfiring and not picking up properly.he said it could be the coil packs.i took it to my local vw main steeler and they told me it was the maf.they wanted £260 for fixing a new one.i got a new one for £90 and fitted myself now runs great no probs at all,
Where did you get the MAF from Glen??

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.