Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am experiencing the same issue - mine will most often close all of the way, but it sometimes stops about midway - I can't seem to come up with a way to get it to close completely when it acts up (I can lift it up all of the way but it will not close). After a few days or a week, I will lift it up and - taadaa - it will then close.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
is there a difference ? i thought the same , but a vertical angle is far from comfortable .
You have the armrest itself then you have the armrest lid. The part you lift up (the cover) to store stuff in. Are you saying the lid itself locks in different positions??

Mine has the bigger button you depress to angle the entire arm rest into different positions then it has a smaller/flatter latch to open the cover. Again it's prolly a comfort position and I will put it vertical when my dogs in the back seat to keep her from coming between the front seats.
Hmmm. Maybe that's why it's adjustable lol

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what ever you want to call it . the part that raises vertically to reveal the stowage compartment . it only ratchets to the half way point , then you raise it all the way to release the lock and close it . i don't have a problem with it , it works fine . i can't see a 135* angle on the lid as a comfort setting . and yes it locks in about 5 different positions .BTW its a 05 1.8 4motion wagon

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.