Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll probably have the work done at New Dimensions in Santa Clara. I was quoted $418 for labor (4.7hours). The parts will be around $6-700. So all told, it will end up costing me a little over a grand. Does this sound like a fair deal? Also, for those who have this setup - how do you like it? Any excessive tire wear? Is it still a comfortable ride?

Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
That sounds a little high on labor. Maybe my local shop is just cheaper than yours. I'm getting mine done for $300.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Besides all that, I dont think the ride is too rough. Sure, at first it may seem really rough compared to stock, but after a day or two you wont think about it as much.

**Also, is that price including an alignment?

·
Registered
675 Posts
ND does great work, their labor prices reflect the cost of doing business in an area where the average 3 bedroom house cost $500K. The price they gave you also most likely includes a good alignment. Go with it. :)

Chris

·
Registered
5,533 Posts
Oh yeah..........the ride is alot stiffer, its still comfortable...........well for me that is. there are some people saying that it is too harsh :wink:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Tonyro,

Hey neighbor! I am currently also upgrading my suspension. I chose to go with H+R and Koni Adjustables. I ordered them yesterday and they should be in next week sometime. As for getting work done in the bay area. I have called around. Here are the prices I got:

New Dimensions: $418 (a bit high, but again, they are right in SV)
Volkscafe in Santa Cruz: $350.00
Bugformance: $340.00, but no allignment or balance.
Dynospot: 400.00 ($300 without allignment)

I am still deciding how I want to do this. Another CB5 member has also offered to help me for $120. I might just go with that and then get an allignment.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the replies. I do appreciate it.

Inkblue, glad to hear that ND quoted us the same price. Even though it's the most expensive, I might just go with them. They are very close to where I work which would make drop off and pick up convenient. They also seem to be a customer service oriented operation, which always makes me feel better (in case of warrantee issues).

Tony

1 - 11 of 11 Posts