Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been having lots of problems with a trans leak... it was a crack, got it welded and reinstalled and still leaking from somewhere off the trans... thought it was simply the pan gasket, paid a dude twice to replace it, once with a rubber gasket and again with a paper gasket... still leaked both times. Thought about trying again with a cork gasket from pep boys, I heard they have em, but I just dont know.. its already been to pricey. Its most likely the crack so Im considering just replacing the whole trans, screw it.. plus the rock already hit the trans pretty hard. Anything I should note when looking at trannys? Found one for a killer deal but its already on the pallet and he claims it only has 80k on it... hmm. Also I have a 2000 Passat 1.8t I thiiink trans code EFP sound correct? I have to check again. But the trans Im looking at is off a "01 Volkswagen passat audi a4 s4 automatic transmission 2wd EFP" thanks for any advice, very much appreciated, this things been a struggle. I need my life back once and for all... Im fallin off the grid lol, but seriously tho :confused:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts