Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

New to the forum and never owned a Passat before. Love the feel and handling of European cars as I still own a Saab 900 Convertible I bought back in 1993.

Considering a 2019 Wolfsburg but would like to add a couple R-line features the car I'm looking at does not include:

1. Homelink Mirror - Looking to upgrade to this mirror for a better interior look. Research seems to indicate I can purchase the mirror, remove the headliner a pillar to route the wires to the light switch. Can anyone confirm?

2. Automatic Climate controls - Looking to change the manual controls to the automatic controls included with the R-line. If feasible, is it a simple swap of heater control units or is it more complicated?

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Homelink mirror should be relatively easy to obtain - it's an accessory on vw.com. But the auto- climate control? Not sure how that is accomplished and I would ask if it's worth doing, versus getting the R-line to begin with.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up buying one of the last 2019 R-Line's in Tourmaline Blue. So happy I did. A lot of really nice features and upgrades, not just badging.

Love the Fender audio system!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts