Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All-
I've never liked saying the words, "goodbye." Just want to take a few minutes and write you all a little love letter. My W8 is sold and will be headed to a destination that will soon become apparent because the owner is on here. I'm likely never coming back to harangue and harass you jokers, as my B5 days are done. I included all my spare parts with the sale, and the W8 trunk is full of 'em - timing belt kits, seals, headlights, crossbars, and tons of stuff - I'll never remember what all is in there. You guys are the best - we've laughed and commiserated, worked hard and played hard, driven the TotD, had little mini-get-togethers, big get-togethers (Snorkfest 1 through 5, anyone?), and shoveled advice at each other like we were cleaning out horse stalls. ;)

Thank you all - it's been a great 15 or 16 years.

Cheers, you magnificent bastards!

Jay
edit: PS - I still have more posts (2000+ more) than the nearest member to me. PZ, step up your game, slacker dog!

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
Thank Jay, it's been great having you here and meeting you. Even though you are a Connecticut Yankee, you will be missed. Enjoy the Atlas, driving a new car is so different than the Passat.

·
2004 B5.5 Variant 1.8T
23,586 Posts
Thanks for all the good times, Jay. Snorkfest was always fun. Have fun with the Atlas

·
Registered
4,576 Posts

·
Registered
26,634 Posts
That's for sure. :salute:

Is that in a good way or bad way?

Both. It's not as much fun and the seating position is not quite as good, but the a/c is cold in 2 seconds, there are no squeaks and nothing breaks when you touch it (or look at it the wrong way). Better low end torque, better mpg and it makes the wife happy.

·
RETIRED Super Stealth Moderator
27,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
by now, all of you knuckleheads ought to have figured out where the car went. if you are clueless, maybe you ought to get to know the overall forum a little better. good to know she went to a great home.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts