Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 308 Posts

·
Banned
5,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be one of the most exciting playoffs in recent history because of parity. There are a lot of possible Stanley Cup contenders, there's really no clear cut favorite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STANLEY CUP FINALS:
vs.

Game 1: Calgary Flames, 4-1
Game 2: Tampa Bay Lightning, 4-1
Game 3: Calgary Flames, 3-0
Game 4: Tampa Bay Lightning, 1-0
Game 5: Calgary Flames, 3-2
Game 6: Tampa Bay Lightning, 3-2
Game 7: Tampa Bay Lightning, 2-1

Lightning win 4-3

CONGRATULATIONS to the TAMPA BAY LIGHTNING
2004 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conference Final matchups:
EASTERN CONFERENCE
vs. 3

Lightning win 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE
vs. 6

Flames win 4-2

Conference Semi-final matchups:
EASTERN CONFERENCE
vs. 7

Lightning win 4-0

vs. 4

Flyers win 4-2

WESTERN CONFERENCE
vs. 6

Flames win 4-2

vs. 4

Sharks win 4-2

Conference Quarter-final matchups:
EASTERN CONFERENCE

vs. 8

Lightning win 4-1

vs. 7

Canadiens win 4-3

vs. 6

Flyers win 4-1

vs. 5

Maple Leafs win 4-3

WESTERN CONFERENCE
vs. 8

Red Wings win 4-2

vs. 7

Sharks win 4-1

vs. 6

Flames win 4-3

vs. 5

Avalanche win 4-1

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
The avs have had a really bad last 10 games. I just hope they can pull out of this rut and beat the stars.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I am so stoked for this year playoffs. Boston is who we want to play 1st round instead of Toronto. Thornton's nursing an 'upper body' injury and sat out the last 2 games, and there's word he'll miss a part of the first series.

5 out of 6 Canadian teams making it to the playoff is just icing on the cake. Edmonton came so close to making it all 6 Canadian teams, but fell just short.

Anyways, here's the breakdown for the playoffs:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

(1) LIGHTNING vs ISLANDERS (8 )

(2) BRUINS vs CANADIENS (7)

(3) FLYERS vs DEVILS (6)

(4) MAPLE LEAFS vs SENATORS (5)

WESTERN CONFERENCE

(1) RED WINGS vs PREDATORS (8 )

(2) SHARKS vs BLUES (7)

(3) CANUCKS vs FLAMES (6)

(4) AVALANCHE vs STARS (5)

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
wst said:
The avs have had a really bad last 10 games. I just hope they can pull out of this rut and beat the stars.
Amen to that. I wathced their poor loss in person today and am squared away with playoff tickets as long as they last in the playoffs. I certainly hope the Avs can just destroy Dallas right away, we always strugle against them.

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
There's nothing like playoff hockey! Even though the Kings didn't make it, I'm excited as hell. Can't wait to hear the Gary Thorne play-by-play.

The Avs are gonna have their hands full. But they did win the season series against the Stars. The Avs should pull it off. I think the Sharks are the team to look out for in the West.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I'm kind of surprised that Detroit and Nashville have a back to back this weekend. Game 2 is in Detroit Saturday at 3, and Game 3 is in Nashville Sunday at 4.

At least they aren't the only ones, four other series have back to back games, but most are later in the series.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
So far, in this thread, we have:

4 New Jersey Devils fans
2 Colorado Avalanche fan
2 Detroit Red Wings fans
1 Toronto Maple Leafs fan
1 Boston Bruins fan
1 Nashville Predators fan
1 Tampa Bay Lightening fan
1 Los Angeles Kings fan. [edited :)]

Who else wants to check in?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Dub, I'm excited about the Preds-Wings match up. It is going to be a very fun series to watch, lots of passion from both teams. Even if Chelly has more playoff experience than your whole team combined. :poke: :lol:

·
Registered
684 Posts
Andrew said:
So far, in this thread, we have:

4 New Jersey Devils fans
2 Colorado Avalanche fan
2 Detroit Red Wings fans
1 Toronto Maple Leafs fan
1 Boston Bruins fan
1 Nashville Predators fan
1 Tampa Bay Lightening fan
1 Los Angeles Kings fan. [edited :)]

Who else wants to check in?
Don't forget about the habs :)

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Andrew said:
Dub, I'm excited about the Preds-Wings match up. It is going to be a very fun series to watch, lots of passion from both teams. Even if Chelly has more playoff experience than your whole team combined. :poke: :lol:
Hey now! :mad:
Granted your guys might have more "playoff" experience but we are pumped up and ready for this! It is going to be a great game and I hope the best for the guys on the team.
And it doesnt matter who wins or loses, its who can kick the most ass!
TooToo #55!

1 - 20 of 308 Posts