Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· PassatWorld Elder
8,385 Posts
The door control modules are integrated in to the window motors.
What he is referring to is that the harness connector that goes to the window control motor has all the wires that control the lock and window motor.
While I'm not an expert on this stuff, the functionality of the window control motor may have some effect on the lock mechanisms depending on what issue it is.

· PassatWorld Elder
8,385 Posts
This is commonly (and semi-incorrectly) referred to as the 'lock module.' It's just a door lock, has zero smarts in it.

Yes

This is the window motor, yes. It's also the door control module. The control unit is what powers both the window motor, as well as the door lock motor (actuator.)
And yes.

That's what large rectangle thing is on the inside with a circuit board.
The connector that goes to the window motor has all of the door window and lock function signals going to it.

Currently have an issue on my 98 GLS with the window going up and down at will and also an issue with intermittent locking of the lock module, both issues in the front passengers side door.
Replacing the window motor with a used one worked for about a half a year. Now my problem is back again. Going brand new window motor this time around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.