Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to get a B6 Wagon 3.6. But those seem to be very rare, so I'm thinking I'll get a 2.0T, and save the money and the gas. But there are some features I really want. The VW website shows these options as not available in the 2.0T (even within packages) but some show as part of packages when I configure my car:

-iPod adapter
-dual zone climate control
-memory seats
-leather seats
-rear sunshades

The PDF that says 'no' is here:

http://www.vw.com/vwcom/content/objects/pdf/vw_passatwagon_specs.pdf

But the configurator says yes. Did maybe something change recently?

Thanks!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maybe I missed something, but I can't get the configurator to provide memory seats in the 2.0 model. If that's an important option for you, it looks like you'll have to go with the 3.6.

For what it's worth, those aren't rare on the east coast. And my gas mileage has been OK as long as I resist tromping on the gas pedal (which is pretty tempting).

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I got a package 2 sport and it had the memory seats, leather, dual zone climate. The navi package has the ipod adapter, don't know if it's a stand alone option and I'm not sure about the rear sunshade

I looked at that PDF and I don't think it's correct. I got a 2.0T and on that PDF it said that some of the options I got aren't avail. I used vw.com's build a car and edmunds.com to build my car and I got exactly what I wanted so I would just go with those resources.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe it's because I wanted the 3.6 without the 4Motion and with Nav? Those don't seem to be around.

But I can live w/o the memory seats, I guess, as long as I get some of the other stuff. But if I get none of it without the 3.6 and I can't get that, then I might have to jump ship and check out the Volvo V50.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
I was looking at back seat space and overall passenger room because I have elderly grandparents and I don't think the volvo's backseat can compare. So far I think the passat has the roomiest backseat for this category of car.

I looked at the a3 and the backseat is TINY...

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer faxed me the latest specs (KW 22/06) which show that the Luxury Package #2 now contains both dual-zone climate control and memory seats. I think it always had leather seats.

Nav comes with either iPod adapter or CD changer.

No mention of the rear sunshades - no biggie for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts