Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon people,
I have 2 passat b5.5 variant 1.9tdi.Mine is awx 5 speed original rim 16, and my dad avf 6 speed original rim 15.
My problem is when I drive my dad's car, new which is always much more comfortable than my car.
As I had a few broken arms, I took advantage and put in a new complete set of arms brand febi bilstein, and put 4 new shock absorbers.
I also enjoyed replacing the engine mount bracket underneath the timing and changing the stabilizer bar mounts.
After these changes, I noticed the most stable, safe car, but I still feel the reliefs and the potholes that are on the road.

Does anyone know what else it could be?

thank you

·
Registered
130 Posts
It's probably something as simple as the fact you have 16" wheels and your dad's car has 15". When you increase wheel size, it tends to decrease the sidewall size. That will tend to increase the amount of vibration and jarring caused by uneven roads.

If you want to really do an apples to apples comparison, put your wheels on your dad's car (or vice versa) and see.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26,458 Posts
Also check the tire type and pressure difference. A couple of PSI really make a difference in ride quality. Some tires just ride rougher (sport type or higher speed rated).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts