Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Condensation in the oil? Normal? Come on, water in the oil? Usually this is a very bad thing...how is this normal. I understand the heavy use of aluminum, but really? I live easily 30mi from work...and I drive hard usually breaking 100mph at least for a moment...and condensation...still? I know its winter and 10'F...temp gauge reads all systems normal.

Any comments, corrections, suggestions...is this really normal?

03'/1.8T/15Kmi/fresh oil (Mobil1 0W40)/filter (Mobil 1) - hum...possible bad reaction with fuel injector cleaner (long shot)?

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
spot on the dipstick...almost a light brownish color. There is no "peanut butter" consistency as seen in previous threads. However I am concerned. I'll run tomorrow, and check it when I get home, while the engine is still hot. I have a feeling that this could have been created by leaving the hood open after I got home for about 2 hours. (15/20'F outside) Nothing on the cap or in the filler area...everything appears to fresh and clean. I'll keep you posted. :suspicio:

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Checked during lunch today...better but a small spot of light brown. Is there any additive to help evaporate any moisture in the oil system, or is it nothing to be concerned about.

atomicalex - made a good point, I changed my oil this last weekend and it was bitter cold...that could contribute to the moisture in the oil system.

-Views and opinions welcome -

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.