Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:banghead: Found about a gallon+ of water soaked into the passenger side floor on this weekend’s road trip in my 05 Variant. I did pull the glove compartment out to find condensation from the AC was pouring from around the foam gasket were it connects to a down pipe. The local VW dealer in Austin, TX could not see me due to a lack of service techs, so we rigged up some foil and let it drip into a container to make it back to Big D.

Come to think of it; I’ve never seen water drip out from under the car with the AC on like you see on most vehicles.

I do have an appointment with the dealer this Friday, but is this an easy fix? :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nothing like stating the obvious there Stew. :poke: "Search for the answer"

If it is easy, an easy how-to would be more helpful.

Most threads have you pulling the battery (Not) or checking the sun-roof (Not). It’s obvious it’s the AC drain, but where is it?

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The a/c drain exits the car on the passenger side fire wall. You may have to remove some heat shielding to see it. You can stick a coat hanger or other stiff wire inside to see if you can clear it. Sometimes the nipple part of the rubber drain is just stuck shut. Others, have removed the glove box to access the drain funnel and were able to remove the screws holding it in place to pull it out and clean it out. There's a recent thread that I'll look for.

http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=241510&highlight=drain+funnel+glove+box
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216383&highlight=drain+funnel+glove+box

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the help. Here are the photos of how I reached the AC drain in my B5.5 Variant.

Removed glovebox (easy) and pulled carpet and pad back in the upper left corner near the foam gasket where the water was dripping in to the cab. The round gray foam gasket is in upper left corner of photo.

Inserted an 8-inch tie wrap at the white arrow on photo in a few places. Problem solved. (Sorry for the blurry photo)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.