Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've made the impossible happen...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Please say something else other than "this is fuggin nuts man" because I've had it for the whole day :crazy:

Hit me for not bringing my camera along today when it was getting done... Guys at Lou's Custom Exhaust (Boston branch) did a great job...

And hit me second for posting this bad initial picture - my driveway's packed with four cars... My car's goin to show tomorrow so I'll take that opportunity to get some good shots of it and post it on by tomorrow night...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I thought I wouldn't be able to make this in time for the show... but oh well the magic happened... The less fortunate part is other than VW/Passat enthusiasts, most probably won't realize what's special about this "mod"...

·
Another Rollininstyle2004 teaser
13,138 Posts
this is fuggin nuts man :lol:
Yea we need some underbody pics of that like Julian said :thumbup:
From what i can see though it look awesome :thumbup: :bow:
I want duals on my 1.8T and HeCe in Finland is the only one that has done it and shipping form Finland on an exhaust is a bia :cry:

·
Registered
435 Posts
Looks good. Did Lou's Custom Exhaust also do the cutouts?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Ya, you defenitely need pics, and explain how it was done. What kind of modifications you had to do and what you had to overcome to acheive this wonderous feat!

·
4th Gear (Wax on Wax off)
4,974 Posts
I like the way the cutouts were done .. I prefer this than the ones that have a border around them.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Photos taken at Import GT show yesterday. Now a full rear view of it:

Yup the guys at Lou's Custom Exhaust did the bumper cutting too. It's first of all amazing how he did the cutting on the bumper - he picked up an electric saw, like those they also use to cut off exhaust pipes, to cut the hole. Definitely freaked me out at first like how anyone else would be, but I was more than amazed how well he handled that saw and cut quite a nice hole there. Not perfect, but at least a decent fit around the exhaust.

To get the pipe from the left to right, they ran it under the bumper (metal) and behind the bumper cover (plastic), and loop it around in the space available on the other side.

This isn't anything about the exhaust, but, yeah:

:lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts