Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody! I was thinking that we should build a sticky/info-base thread that has common abbreviations and acronyms that are used here on PW. I would like to use this thread to build a master list and have everyone contribute. Then in about a week, I'll take all the items from this thread and put them in a single post in a new thread in alphabetical order. That way it will be easy to look into and look up an acronym. I can ask Rusty to sticky or info-base the later, organized thread.

I'll start with:

CAI - Cold Air Intake
CCM - Comfort Control Module
ICM - Ignition Control Module (AEB only item)
DLM - Door Lock Module

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Actually, that list in the link isn't all encompasing so you could start with that one and add to it. Also, seems to me I've seen other lists besides that one.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That is what was advised to me by others, I'm going to let this one die also.

A PW wiki would be great though, allow "approved" members to edit how-to guides, etc on the fly.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wouldn't mind setting one up, and hosting it for that matter. It sucks that we can't integrate username/passwords with this PW for simplification purposes. If you really think this would be something helpful, just shout. I can make the entire wiki public readable, and require approval for people to get edit priveledges. Then just have some simple metric for automatic approval, say 1st gear here on PW?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts