Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted to know if we users of PW might start some ongoing posts where users can state their experiences with dealerships (or stealerships)?

I'm Chicago-land based, have had some atrocious experiences with local dealerships and wanted to hear those of others locally as well as post mine.

What I'd like to do is keep threads open about specific dealerships, or at least dealerships by region. Posters could write about their service, post shop labor rates, part #s and cost of parts. Positive, neutral, and negative reviews would be welcomed and encouraged!

One concern I have is I noticed there is variation between dealerships for what "list price" is and as most of us expect, dealer list price should be the same across the country by the manufacturer. (I believe dealerships pay a fixed price for parts from VW without considering shipping, so why shouldn't we customers also pay with a similar cost structure in mind?)

Enough reviews that shift service away from weaker/unprofessional dealerships might teach them to offer better service and actually offer "customer service", not customer indifference or customer disrespect.

The question for the moderators is whether they will support the existence of such threads, and if there legal implications for these types of posts they wish to avoid? 1.8T.org comment section is gone, and I never knew if some strong-arm letters from VW lawyers shut down that site. I know there were some terrible reviews of Chicago-land VW dealerships there. If we had guidelines for what we can and cannot post that would be appreciated.

I have comments about the following dealerships I'd like to post:

Autobarn VW Evanston (IL)
Autobarn VW Mount Prospect (IL)
Bill Jacobs VW Naperville (IL)
Boucher VW Racine/Sturtevant (WI)

Only one experience has been positive (thanks to Rich and his team at the Autobarn Mount Prospect parts desk!), another is in progress, and the rest are *poor* at best.

Thanks for reading and let's try to share information and help each other avoid being ripped off or treated poorly.

·
Registered
11,873 Posts
Post away in the dealer forum.

Price difference between dealers is cause some charge just above invoice and some charge actually VW MSRP. My local dealer charges MSRP. Check out 1stvwparts.com so see VW parts that have the list price and discount prices. Don't be surprised to find dealers selling parts for anywhere in between.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I just went to Bill Jacobs VW to get my hazard lights fixed or my turn signals.. w/e you want to call them. Was charged 480 (115 for inspection and 365 for the repair). :banghead: They were trying to make me do all these inspections as well, I had my gasket cover leak which I already knew.. and they wanted me to pay them $115 just to tell me what the leak was. I also knew I needed a new timing belt since I'm at 103k and they were insisting to check that for another $115! Their prices are so jacked up, I think I'd rather shoot myself than to go there again. I really really really really really hate that stealership.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts