Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The 15 pin harness:

Pos 7 and 10 are the antenna and shielding

Pos 9 (yellow/Green) is from earlier models and it's for the interior monitoring system (red 10 pin connector in the bottom of the A pillar). It is not on any pinout for the 15 pin CCM connector after Aug 1999.

Having a hard time understanding. Do you have a yellow/green wire in your car, but the plugs you have do not accommodate?
yes sir the yellow / green are running from in the car and the new used connector does not have that wire coming out of it.It does have an open place to connect it into it's proper place/ everything else matched up just not that one green yellow. Thought I would remover that pin wire off the old connector/ solder the two together and push it into where it should go to the new used one. I don't know what kind of pins it uses so I'll use the old pin and wire from the old connector I just am not sure if the( new used) CCM is a match with the old one. I'm ready to reinstall this mess and put the seats and inside trim back into place and try to start it/ before I do what someone else suggested and jump wire relay 12. I have posted pics of the two ccm's in earlier post above. I just don't know if the units are a match and if the vag/comcan be done later down the road. . thanks for the help-- i feel much like an idiot at these times

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,746 Posts
Plug in the CCM and see if you can communicate with it. That will tell you if you are able to recode it if necessary.

Reactions: chipsouthard

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Plug in the CCM and see if you can communicate with it. That will tell you if you are able to recode it if necessary.
so I hooked up the green and yellow into the new connector. I plugged in the old ccm and nothing. I plugged in the new used and it fired right up
That's as far as I took it. but it works. got cold out there so tomorrow it will be warmer to retape wiring and put everything back together seats / connectors under the seat etc. etc. and try it out. I want to thank all you pros for your time and patience

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
If there is a relay in position #12, remove it and connect a jumper across the socket (Pins that the contacts connect to)
That will allow it to crank and start, regardless of the state of the CCM.

Edit: Corrected typo (wrong relay #)
tom sorry for being a pain in the ass. it is in CCM it turned over/ so I'm good with that. thanks you for all your help.

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
There was never any doubt that there was a fault in the CCM system.
That is why I suggested bypassing relay #12, which would have allowed you to drive the car and sort out the CCM issue at a convenient time.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There was never any doubt that there was a fault in the CCM system.
That is why I suggested bypassing relay #12, which would have allowed you to drive the car and sort out the CCM issue at a convenient time.
so today I moved the car after putting in used CCM in. everything works but the damn airbag light came on. Now I did try to start the car with the old one on it. and all the connectors under the seat were pulled off. nothing happened . now I read some where that the airbag light would probably show up / after reconnecting . now I am going to check the connections but first I thought I would erase it with my cheap code reader. I s this going to blow up in my face or is it a code left over from the starting of it with the connectors off the bottom of the seat ???/

41 - 48 of 48 Posts