Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I am glad you are already enjoying our premier service in CT, We haven't launched it here in the SF bay area yet. Yes I work for COMCAST.

I kinda stopped watching speed channel 2 yrs ago when it became in my eyes NASCAR TV. maybe they have gotten better and I will start having to watch them again.

Pete

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
You gotta catch 'em on the weekends. There's usually some touring car-type races on, whether it be Australian supercar or Eurostar V8 or whatever. If there's a major event also, they'll cover it (24 Hours @ Daytona, the Le Mans, etc), but again, usually only on the weekends. Formula 1 is usually Sunday morning, and there's usually a replay midday as well (when the season starts). Another great show is "Victory by Design", which goes through the lineage of the major players in the sports car world, from inception to what it is today (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Alfa Romeo, etc).

They sometimes cover Speed World Challenge, but its few and far between that you'll probably never catch it unless you got the schedule in front of you. They air each race ONCE between all the NASCAR replays (in fact, its aired 2 weeks late 95% of the time :crazy: ), even though they're the title sponsor for the whole series... :suspicio:

One thing I did enjoy was the 24 hour marathon of the SCCA Valvoline Runoffs, which took place on Christmas Day. 24 hours of amateur racing, with names of people that I hang out with on some other forums. :thumbup:

Oh, and Tuesday afternoon-evening is Two Wheel Tuesday (or used to be at least...I haven't checked in a while), which usually covers at least one AMA, or MotoGP race, which are always a blast to watch. Motorcycle road racers = the craziest they come. Well, other than rally drivers and spectators. :shock:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yeah, I saw that program, it was incredible!! The RS6 race-car sounded great and looked to be incredibly fast.

The On Demand service isn't the greatest, the reception kinda sucked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts