Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Wow. That's pretty inexpensive. Autometer makes a similar one iirc, with a single and a dual pod.

·
Registered
9,741 Posts
Espaz: they you can get the center mount gauge pod. :)

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just installed that pod today.The picture does not give it justice.I have a 2002 and the pod fits perfectly.I can see the clock fine.This one is much better than the other column pod they had.The new one is smaller, not as bulkly now all i have to do is fine a bright blue LED.The red one isn't cutting it. :thumbup:

·
Registered
716 Posts
schmove said:
already working on a gb for the pod and/or the omori/awe boost gauge...stay tuned
What's the difference from the gauge they already have packaged on their site??

paulpassat said:
I just installed that pod today.The picture does not give it justice.I have a 2002 and the pod fits perfectly.I can see the clock fine.This one is much better than the other column pod they had.The new one is smaller, not as bulkly now all i have to do is fine a bright blue LED.The red one isn't cutting it. :thumbup:
PICTURES???????

·
Registered
99 Posts
paulpassat said:
Hi, Paul.

When you say the clock is in clear view, is your steering column full up, full down, or somewhere in between? I was thinking about the layout last night, and thought that if the wheel is dropped down, the clock view should clear up some.

Then again, that's why I wear a watch.

George

·
Registered
6,720 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thanks for the Led tip.My steering is all the way down and my clock is in full view.What i like most about this pod is it seems to be smaller.The other column pod that goes in the middle is bigger, to much wasted plastic.I have them both and compared them.I will try to post a pict tomorrow.

·
Registered
716 Posts
paulpassat said:
Thanks for the Led tip.My steering is all the way down and my clock is in full view.What i like most about this pod is it seems to be smaller.The other column pod that goes in the middle is bigger, to much wasted plastic.I have them both and compared them.I will try to post a pict tomorrow.
Paul, did you get the entire kit with gauge from New South? Red LED? I was wondering how the VDO gauge looks compared to the dash. The AWE is supposed to be a dead match, but is $150 vs $35 or so for the VDO. Look forward to your pics. TIA

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.