Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my B5 Passat painted. The color is a real cool bluish purple with a pearl in it. Well it looked good at first, but then it started showing signs of orange peel. I recently took it back to the paint shop and they said that it need a "color sanding" and it would cost $200 to have it done. I assume that this is simular to wet sanding. My question is will this jack up my clearcoat? I already get scratches and swirl marks easily (its a dark color). Also is $200 alot to pay to have this done???

Thanks
OppJonez

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jeff
Well here is the deal with the paint. It was done by a local mom and pop shop that is owned by a family friend. He did the paint and some body work (when I was test driving it after I put the rims on one fell off and did some serious damage. Lack of a hub centric spacer ring that I was never told I needed.) any way thats a whole other story. All the work was done for cost. The orange peel did not show up untill a week or two after I had picked up the car. I am taking it back to have the rear bumper repaired ( an little old lady backed into me and Allstate sucks.) and mentioned the orange peel to him he said he would color sand it for $200 and since he has to re mix the paint he will also paint the engine covers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.