Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I noticed some color marks on spring coils. I have seen other coils with different color and number marks. Some have only two, some have 4 marks. What do they mean?

Attachments

·
I break for old people
7,533 Posts
As V4VanGeider stated, it's ratings for the spring. How stiff it is and it's height, and I believe the amount of weight it can withstand.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Manufacturing way to identify specific parts and pair the right thing to right model. You wouldn't want V6 springs on a 1.8t or vice versa.

The W8 springs probably have some kind of variable pneumatics that compress and extend the springs based on one or two extremely exclusive conditions, then requires solenoid that cost $4000 only to be identified as design flaws later. :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, Do you think I can solve my problem with switching to a softer spring?

Manufacturing way to identify specific parts and pair the right thing to right model. You wouldn't want V6 springs on a 1.8t or vice versa.

The W8 springs probably have some kind of variable pneumatics that compress and extend the springs based on one or two extremely exclusive conditions, then requires solenoid that cost $4000 only to be identified as design flaws later. :rolleyes:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts