Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I see what you mean

I see what you mean my guy. But there are some cars that do throw codes, not a whole lot. And tunes do help because we have turbos and it’s more modern than a ol Ford for something.

Also if you plan on getting performance parts for your cars you should get a tune or the part is useless. This is including intakes or fuel pumps.
I’m planning on getting an exhaust system later on. So yes, I’m tracking and I’m for sure will take it to get tuned up. Thanks for the advices guys.

·
Moderator/Administrator
24,176 Posts
No. Most aftermarket exhausts have a spot for the O2 sensor if you are replacing part of the original that had a sensor installed. If not, they cannot be approved for use on the road.

AJ, please. Most of what you are giving advice on is very general and sounds like it was taken right from a textbook. I know your intent is to help, and it's appreciated, but a lot is basic car knowledge that may not apply to these cars and could confuse people on these topics. Hang out, read some, and learn more about your B7. We're all learning new things every day here.

Reactions: JBM_Vw

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
No. Most aftermarket exhausts have a spot for the O2 sensor if you are replacing part of the original that had a sensor installed. If not, they cannot be approved for use on the road.

AJ, please. Most of what you are giving advice on is very general and sounds like it was taken right from a textbook. I know your intent is to help, and it's appreciated, but a lot is basic car knowledge that may not apply to these cars and could confuse people on these topics. Hang out, read some, and learn more about your B7. We're all learning new things every day here.
Thanks bro! I looked it up and now I know what the O2 Sensor is, what is supposed to do and what it looks like. Thanks y’all for the help.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts