Volkswagen Passat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,
roght now i have h&r sport spring all around on my 03 1.8t 5m sedan. im thinking about coilovers, not so much because i want more performance, but because i want the car to sit a little bit lower. what's the best way for me to accomplish this. i have wider wheels on the car now, (9' wide in back, 8" wide in front), the picture shows my old ones. please reply with personal experiance and reasonable advise. i prefer less expensive options if available:lol:
sincere thanks,
~Josh
massacusetts

·
Registered
4,555 Posts
How much lower are you trying to go? If you want the ride slammed, then coilovers would be your best bet. If you like the ride stiffness of H&R Sports, I would highly recommend going with KWSuspensions' Variant 1 coilovers. They are an excellent product and currently Euro Styles East Tuning has a special on them! I would also recommend replacing your current skid plate with one from DieselGeek to protect your oil/transmission pan once you lower your car even more with coilovers. Also, be sure to check the condition of your Control Arms and Tie-Rod-Ends!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts