Volkswagen Passat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the deal - I've been dealing with my tires rubbing a little here and there so I decided to lift the front end just a bit. I've got H&R's on the front end. I took the front passenger side wheel off to try to fix this issue. The collar that's holding the spring is all the way to the top and I've still only got 1 maybe 1.5 fingers gap. Any ideas as to why the hell I can't seem to raise the front end anymore?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
according to H&R's website, their coilovers have a initial 1.8" front lowering at it's highest height. It states the range is 1.8"-3.2" lowering. So I'm guessing that's as high as it goes.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
Time to customize,maybe a spacer plate?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
Have you rolled your fenders yet? My car is about that low with 17x8 ET35s wrapped by 225/45R17s but I rolled the fenders. If I remember correctly you are using the same tire size with BBS RXs right?

Maybe the extra weight of the V6 and tiptronic limits how much up you have on the coilovers. I think they are good for 200 pounds each over a 1.8T manual transmission. Maybe a machine shop can put more thread on the body or H&R could sell some longer springs?

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yup, I rolled the fenders almost two years ago and it cut down on the ol' rub-a-dub quite a bit. You're right about the same size tire and wheel package. The set up I've got is for the 30V but now those numbers dissappeared from the H&R website. What's the weight difference between the 30V and 1.8T? I remember the kit I purchased being specifically for the 30V but I can't find that info right now. I'll have to go digging through the attic for the box.

·
Registered
25,996 Posts
lobich said:
Pauly, break out the MIG welder. :thumbup:
Don't have one,but I think we can get a machine shop to
make some pretty cheap. Depending on the outside diameter
of the shock,a 1/2-1" slice of metal pipe would work.
Paul.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
5 Participants
PZ
Volkswagen Passat Forum
Passatworld is a forum dedicated to Volkswagen Passat enthusiasts to discuss mods, Quattro, Turbo Diesel, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing